Each year in September/October, the initiative awards two “URIS fellowships”. They are open to postdoctoral and senior scholars in the humanities, cultural studies and social sciences.
The application is open to scholars of any nationality or citizenship. Researchers from Ukraine and its neighbouring countries are explicitly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, applications from women will be given preferential consideration.
- University degree and excellent PhD in the humanities, cultural studies or social sciences. The application is open to both younger and experienced scholars.
- Ongoing research project that has the potential to make a substantial contribution to a better understanding of the history, society, politics and culture of Ukraine.
- Experience in university teaching and willingness to conduct a one-semester course (1.5 hrs per week) at the University of Basel in the autumn (September to December) or in the spring semester (February to June) - to be held in English or German.
Offer and conditions
- The URIS fellowship entails a monthly allowance of CHF 4000 (tax free). In addition, costs will be reimbursed for visa fees, accident and health insurance coverage in Switzerland, for one round trip to and from Basel from the country of origin, and for a subscription entitling the holder to half-price travel on the Swiss Federal Railways.
- The visiting scholar will be given a work station at the University of Basel with electronic infrastructure, access to libraries, etc.
- The visiting scholar will receive administrative support from the URIS coordination office.
Send us an e-mail if you would like to receive more information: firstname.lastname@example.org